Misfuelling (Optional Car Hire Excess Waiver)
Allen Last updated:
What is covered?
- Draining and flushing the fuel tank on site using a specialist roadside vehicle or
- Recovery of the rental vehicle, the driver and up to six passengers to the nearest repairer to drain
and flush the fuel tank.
- Replenishing the fuel tank with 10 litres of the correct fuel.
- You can only claim once per period of insurance.
- Reimbursement for costs including fees and taxes, up to a maximum value of £1,000 per claim.
What is not covered?
- You will be responsible for paying any costs in excess of £1,000 per claim;
- Fuel, other than the 10 litres of correct fuel to replenish the fuel tank after draining and flushing out
the contaminated fuel;
- Any claim resulting from foreign matter entering the fuel system except for diesel or petroleum;
- Mechanical or component damage to your rental vehicle whether or not caused as a result of
misfuelling or the cost of hiring an alternative rental vehicle in the event mechanical or component
damage is sustained;
- Any defect which is deemed NOT to be a direct result of misfuelling or a defect which existed before the incident of misfuelling;
- Any more than one claim relating to misfuelling during the period of cover
- Any vehicle or vehicles other than the rental vehicle or vehicles listed on the rental agreement.
For more information on the optional car hire excess cover, Please seehere
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 1 found this helpful