Does travel insurance cover me for COVID-19?
The level of cover you have in place will depend on when you bought your policy.
If you’re unsure, it’s best to check your policy documents.
So, you can enjoy your holiday with peace of mind.
Cancellation cover before you go
Cancellation cover protects you:
- If you have COVID-19 within 14 days of travelling*
- If you can’t complete your vaccine course due to other illnesses, or you have an allergic reaction to the vaccine that would stop you travelling
- If your travelling companion(s), people you live with, or people you’re staying with on holiday are diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days of travel**
- If you’re denied boarding with a positive test for COVID-19 or have a confirmed temperature above 38 degrees Celsius
- If there is a hospitalisation or death of a close relative or member of your household from COVID-19
Cover during your holiday
- Emergency medical expenses cover when abroad^
- Repatriation cover to help you get back home^
- Cover for additional accommodation and transport, if deemed necessary by our medical officer
- Additional daily benefit if you are ordered to self-isolate in your holiday accommodation if you have COVID-19
- Cover for cutting your trip short after hospitalisation or death of a close relative or member of your household from COVID-19
You can be covered for COVID as long as you’ve declared your pre-existing medical conditions and have had your recommended COVID-19 vaccinations.
* Subject to medical certification / test result. No cover if symptoms or diagnosis occurred prior to your policy purchase.
** No cover if your relative was already hospitalised before you left on your trip.
^ Cover only applies for newly diagnosed cases while travelling.
- For more information on the Staysure terms & conditions, please visit the policy wording booklet available HERE